Dog Days (ドッグデイズ) is a Japanese fantasy action anime TV series created by Tsuzuki Masaki and produced by Seven Arcs and Aniplex. The series aired 13 episodes from April 2 to June 25, 2011 on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, Chiba TV, TVK, TV Saitama and MBS, with subsequent runs on Chubu-Nippon Broadcasting and BS11.
Title: Dog Days
Synonyms: Dog Days
Premiered: April 2, 2011
Season: Spring 2011
Producers: Aniplex, Good Smile Company
Directed by: Kusakawa Keizou
Written by: Tsuzuki Masaki
Music by: Iuchi Maiko, Natsume Susumu, Isshiki Yui, I’ve
Studios: Seven Arcs
Network: Tokyo MX, GYT, GTV, CTC, tvk, TVS, MBS, CBC, BS11
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 – Teens 13 or older
Sequel: Dog Days’
Others: Dog Days Recap
Opening Theme: “Scarlet Knight” by Nana Mizuki
Ending Theme: “Presenter” by Yui Horie
Dog Days Synopsis
Dog Days takes place in the world of Flonyard, an alternate Earth inhabited by beings who resemble humans, but also have the ears and tails of specific animals. The Republic of Biscotti, a union of dog-like citizens, has come under attack by the feline forces of the Galette Leo Knights. In an effort to save Biscotti, Princess Millhiore summons a champion from another world in order to defend her people. That champion is Cinque Izumi, a normal junior high student from Earth.
Agreeing to assist Biscotti, Cinque retrieves a sacred weapon called the Palladion and prepares for war. In Flonyard, wars are fought with no casualties and are more akin to sports competitions with the goal of raising money for the participating kingdoms. Cinque is successful in his role as Biscotti’s champion, but learns that a summoned champion cannot be returned to their home world. The scientists of Biscotti will endeavor to find a way for Cinque to return home, but until they figure something out, he must serve Princess Millhiore by continuing to fight as Biscotti’s hero.
Dog Days Characters List
Dog Days Deep Information
Biscotti is a little country located near to Galette country. Even though Galette is Biscotti neighbor, they often goes to war with Biscotti. But as of late Biscotti coutnry has been continuously losing, they have broken through many of Biscotti strongholds and battlefronts and today they are trying to bring down Biscotti castle. Right now, Biscotti is lack the kind of Knight who can confront their leader, the Leader of the Galette Lion Army, the King of Beasts, Leonmitchelly. That’s why the main protagonist cinque was summoned to the another world to help them dealing with the enemies like Galette country.
War and Battlefield Rule
In this war, anybody won’t get hurt or even die. The Entire battlefield is bound by the rules of war, it is fought fair and square. It is responsibility of the organizer to ensure there are no injuries or accident during the war. Of course, this is also the way countries negotiate with each other, though sometimes it’ll be more intense. But for Frianno, wars allow citizens to enjoy sports and competition in a healthy way.
- When enemy soldiers attack you, just beat them up as you go!
- As long as the enemy soldiers get hit by your weapon, they will get knocked out!
- Once they are KOed, they become pet balls. They will be powerless for a certain amount of time.
- If your palm touches the opponent’s head or back, that knock them out too.
- Because touch outs are kind of dangerous, you get bonus points for touching.
- Although the battlefield comprises of land ad mountains, there will also be many unstable places, such as drawbridges and movable surfaces. But you will be fine even if you fall off, so don’t worry.
When the time comes to decide on war, the person in charge collects participation foes from those who are taking part, taking into account the wealth of both countries. Then the war takes place, the winning country takes 60 percent. The losing country takes the remaining 40 percent. This is the ratio according to the continental agreement. At least half of the cash collected is given to the participating soldiers as their reward. This ratio is also part of the continental agreement. Then the remaining half will be used to sponsor national engineering that will help the war, such as building hospitals, building fortress, financially supporting government servants, or used to protect country.
The conditions of deportation to return the summoned hero to his or her own world are stated as follows:
- The person who summoned him needs to perform the deportation ceremony.
- The period between the summoning and the deportation needs to be within sixteen days.
- The summoned hero is not allowed to take anything he received or achieved from Flonyard.
- Once the hero is deported, he will never be able to return to Flonyard.
These are things you should pay attention to when sending the hero back. Deportation is only used when the hero wishes to resign from his position with the person who summoned him. When this happens, the hero will not be able to take anything from Flonyard, including memories. However, these memories will not immediately vanish. Upon deportation, the hero will enter a locked condition. A time frame of six months is needed for the memories to be completely erased. Hence, in order to summon the returned hero, the below conditions need to be fulfilled.
- The hero can be re-summoned for ninety days from the time he was first summoned.
- The hero needs to make a promise to three people aside from the summoner to return to Flonyard. To make that covenant, the hero has to entrust his belongings to these people. It doesn’t matter what the belongings are, though it is better for the items to be from the hero’s homeworld.
- The proof of promise must clearly state the interval of return, the hero and the summoner’s name.